What to do next?

I cleared up our room and now I didn't realize how much stuff we have...lol

Now I can't seem to find space...back to where I started from that was the whole purpose of clearing up stuff to make it look neat now my dh is going to come home and say I did not do anything all day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Identify what stuff you actually need vs. just have. The best way to do that is figure out what you've actually used in the last 6 months. Donate the rest. Don't fall into the trap of "I might need it someday."
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• And to clear it out for now, stash it all in trash bags so atleast it is contained and it will look like you did something! I know what you mean. I always make a big mess when I clean up a mess. It helps to bag it as you go - keeping - to be stored somewhere else - etc... but since you seem to need a quick fix for now I'd say bag it up and deal w/it later! GL!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree.  Don't you just hate that - It always gets worse before it gets better.  What I do before I even start is get boxes or whatever else works and identify by category - donate, toss, keep.  Then as you're going through everything, you're not just moving stuff around.  Put the toss in the garbage and the donate in the garage or vehicle to use for transporting (some agencies also offer pick up service) and this way all you have left is the keep.  Will make it appear SO much more management  So, since you already started, see what you can identify as toss and donate and at least get rid of that so it looks like you actually did something and can feel a sense of accomplishment.

Laura65

Answer by Laura65 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• If I havent worn it or used it in 1, ok, 2 years, I chunk it or give it away.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2009