Is this normal or do I have a serious problem?!

With so much going on right now, I work full time, I have 3 boys, 3rd grade homework and social studies projects, daycare, cleaning, fall carnivals, cooking, fundraising, is it really horrible that sometimes I have fantasies that I have to be admitted to the hospital to catch a break?! Of course I don't REALLY want to get so sick I have to go to the hospital but sometimes I''m like, if I was in the hospital, nobody would bother me and I could sleep! Ugh ok that is bad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That sounds nice, except in the hospital they'll wake you up every 3-4 hours to poke you with a needle or check blood pressure or something. One perfect uninterrupted night of sleep though, sigh, is a fantasy of mine. 

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Well, a hospital is a little extreme...and unfortunately you'd get the worst sleep thanks to nurses and roommates and visitors!

But the wanting to get away? Oh, quite normal!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Of course its not bad. Those 'Calgon take me away' commercials were popular for a reason. Just this morning I was fantasizing about being put into the hospital for the same reason you're describing - to catch a break. My life isn't quite as busy as yours, but I have my own stresses that have me running ragged right now. I think its normal. Actually harming yourself in order to be admitted - not so normal lol.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• girl i am soo with you!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• LOL! thanks ladies, I thought I just had a sick mind or something!
    Anonymous

• Normal. Just taking a break seems like just not a mommy thing to do, but if you had a reason, (i.e. a hospitla stay) then you wouldn't feel guilt.

In fact, maybe my cough should get looked at...........
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Maybe just go check into a hotel for a night?! LOL! Sleeeepppp...what is that?
    Anonymous