Do you believe swine flu "hysteria" is worse than the swine flu itself??

I do....

Stop believing what the media is hyping...swine flu is influenza, the flu, just like any other. It is a little stronger, but you treat the symptoms just like you would the flu. If you have the flu, fine, go see your doctor, BUT don't go expecting to get "tested", and then post stupid things of FB or CM saying, "OMG, i think my kid has the swine flu, what do i do", or dumb things like, "I think my kid has the swine flu, but nobody will test him'. You know why they won't test?? BECAUSE IT DOESNT MATTER!! Thats why.....It doesn't matter if its inluenza A (so called "swine flu") or influenza B (regular flu)...its still the FLU, and you treat it with fluids, ibuprofen, rest and maybe tamiflu if your doc feels it is warranted! So...my question is....how many of you are terrified of swine flu and feel like it is the modern day "black death", and how many of you are taking a more sensible approach and not FREAKING OUT!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Health

• Sensible here, I think its all over talked, over everything....... I also understand why everyone is so upset, because more children and pregnant women are effected so much worse, but I also was thinking about how big of a deal everyone made out of the bird flu, the swine flu in the 70's the swine flu in the 50's..... this could go on for a minute. I think if people would just use a little 'common sense" (though i hear there isnt much of that at all) it wouldn't be that bad.
    Anonymous

• I"m sensible too - but I also understand that people can be hospitalized and die from the flu. With season flu those who are hosptialized/die are usually the elderly or those with underlying medical condtions. With the swine flu it's more younger people and pregnant women. So the sensible thing is to be cautious but not paranoid. Stay home when you (or your child) is sick, wash hands, visit the doctor, take care when someone is sick, keep fluids up, rest..common sense things. It's not something that should be ignored or treated as if it's just a nusance - be aware that it could be serious but don't assume that it is.
    Anonymous

• Yes. My husband and daughter had it this summer. They were sick, but no more than if they had the seasonal flu.
    Anonymous

• Sensible here. My son's school just had their first "documented" case. (kid was tested) By the time the test is done, the kids are feeling better and everyone around them had already been exposed because you're a freakin' carrier before you have symptoms!!!

Why spend the year living in fear of the "might be" instead of enjoying yourself and simply taking the same damn precautions you're supposed to take all the time anyway?!

(oh, and my kid has a cold and is still going back to school)
    Anonymous