Baby shower games...

So my baby shower will be in a couple months and I will be helping plan it and I've been thinking about games. I want to do games that are actually enjoyable and preferably funny, a lot of baby shower games are just dumb. Not to mention hardly any of my friend have kids so I don't want to force them to do a bunch of stuff that they hate. The only one that I'm sure I want to do is the one where you take the labels off of baby food jars and everybody tastes them and has to guess what they are, that's always funny. So can you ladies give me some ideas? Also just so you know I'm totally open to anything offensive or politically incorrect LOL...

shawneewaiting

Asked by shawneewaiting at 3:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• INVITE ME!! LOL!
    Choose celebrity names, or dirty words and write them on a name tag. Each person gets one on their back but they can't know what they got. This is an opening game. They must go around the room and ask people yes/no questions and figure out with is on their back. It's HILARIOUS if you do dirty words! We did it at a bridal shower. Grandmother was crackin' up!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• ooo melt candy bars and put them into diapers so then ppl have to guess what candy bar it is. its funny using stuff with nuts or like butter finger bc of the chunks kinda gross but hilarious lol. i like the dont say baby game. give everyone a safety pin and if you're caught saying baby the person that hears you and calls it out gets your pin(s). um take toilet paper and wrap it around your belly before guests arrive, then the one that guesses the closest wins. (my great gma guess like 6 ft around my aunt its funny). there's also one where you put some safety pins in rice and blid fold ppl then they have to sort out as many pins as possible (a lot harder than it sounds). ya i've been to a few baby showers :-p if you google it you'll find a ton too! congrats and have fun!!!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I thought of another one, write down 10 things people should know about you and DH. Write them as questions. Person who gets the most correct wins.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• POOP ON EVERYONE
    Anonymous

• ahh, you guys stole most of my games, we did the guess the food (funny), and the candy bar poop game, and the guess the girth game. We also played balloon bellies (blow up a lot of balloons and have guests try to stuff as many under their shirt as they can) and the diaper the baby race (we brought 2 dolls and 2 blindfolds. guests raced to diaper a doll while blindfolded) the best part of the diaper the baby race was seeing how many people smacked the baby against the table or turned the doll in weird positions. . . we called it the babysitter test. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• another one you could do is get paper plates and some crayons, give one of each to everyone at the party, set a timer of like 1 minute and then tell them that they have to drawl a baby the best to win, but the paper plate has to be sitting on there head!! so there's no way to see it or anything, then you choose who's is the "best looking" baby lol
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I love all those game ideas!! Baby showers are so much fun! One of the showers I attended, my family had strung a "clothes line" from one end of the room to the other. They put a 5 pound bag of flour in a baby onsie. Then they had 2 people race to see who could hang up their basket of baby clothes the fastest without dropping the "baby". It was so fun to watch how creative everyone was!
    shaylynnp

Answer by shaylynnp at 10:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009