(Catholics)Is Holy Water a sacramental? (please respectful answers only)

I filled up my holy water font too much. It is dripping on the floor. I know sacramentals are supposed to be treated with a little more respect but really a mop is the only way I know how to clean this up

I know many of you think holy water is uncool and Catholics are hell bound on an express flight. Keep those comments to yourself please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I found this: Holy water is usually made with a touch of salt which is a preservative, but if your holy water were to go a little, um, green, the proper way to dispose of it is the same as for any sacramental: you want to return it to the earthly elements. You should dig a hole and pour it into the earth.

Not sure if that's helpful but that's all I'm seeing.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Holy water is a sacramental.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• how do you clean it up?
    Anonymous

• I don't know...I'm googling and nothing is coming up. Personally if it's just a little I would let it dry on it's own, but if it's a big puddle of it I think it would be ok to use a towel or mop if you have to.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• thanks whittear. I am closing this question now. I have my answer and now it would be just an invitation to bash Catholics.

Anonymous