nurses!!!

i want to be come a nurse. neonatal to be exact. i was wondering how mcuh did it cost for you to become a nurse. can i take some classes online? any info about nursing would be great thanks

piwife

Asked by piwife at 4:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• You want to look into RN programs. When I went to college it was a nursing program so we didn't do all pre-req's the first yer or two then all nursing the last two. Ours was intergrated throughout. My cost wouldn't help you I graduated a looooong looong time ago..lol. We still wore caps back then and it was a big deal. You can always do your math, english, pre-req's online. It just means fewer classes when you begin in school. Make sure you are dealing with an ACCREDITED program online. There are some scam-like paper mills that take your money and give you a piece of worthless paper. Good Luck!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Im in school to become an RN now. I am taking all my prereqs online now before I get into the nursing program. This way I still have time to work while in the program. It will take me about 4 yrs to finish because im doing it part time. Check out a local college and find out. Also i have gotten financial aid this year and there are also grants and nursing scholarships out there. I am at a hospital that will pay for nursing school. Might be something to look into. You work there for over 6 months full time as anything and they will help you go to school.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 4:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I'm on maternity leave from ETSU CON. Johnson City Medical Ctr has scholarships that pay for tuition, plus some of your expenses. I'd look into it at www.msha.com
    dawilliams0918

Answer by dawilliams0918 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• The other posters made a great point I forgot to mention. The nursing shortage has put you in a great position for help with school. Many Med. Ctrs. are signing contracts with employees to pay for their school in return for 1-3 yrs obligated service to them. My son earned his Paramedic certification this way. My niece is in her 3rd yr of Nursing school . When finished she will owe them 2 yrs and its done.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• am a military wiofe so i know the goverment gives me some help. am looking to take somer online calsses right now. we have 1 yr left in sc and then we have to go to another post.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2009