How harmful is salmonella during pregnancy?

I am 20 weeks pregnant and just spent 3 days in the hospital with my almost 2 year old b/c he had salmonella. I am now experiencing some symptoms and so I was wondering if anyone knows anything.

noahsmommy310

Asked by noahsmommy310 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would make a doctors appointment for the AM.... Its is harmful to you but can be extremely harmful for the baby..... Special being u r 20 weeks........... Make sure u see a doctor and if u feel worse go to the ER ASAP
    Anonymous

• I did a google search and I found out pregnant women are at more risk of getting a salmonella infection. I couldn't find anything that said pregnant women got it worse or that it hurt the baby. You usually get it from food but there are other ways to get it and I found one website that said it can be passed from person to person.

I hope you don't get it! I'm immunocompromised and have had food poisioning several times and been very ill. I hope your toddler is doing better.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I still couldn't find any info that said salmonella hurts unborn babies.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2009