to c-section moms..

When you had a c-section, were you sad, disappointed, happy, or relieved? How did you feel? What was your reaction?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i was disappointed, but after the epidural his heart rate dropped after each contraction, plus after 10 hours I was still only 2 cm dilated, so the c section was medically necessary, therefore I was relieved!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• After 29 hours of labor, I was relieved--LOL I was just so thankful to be done!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• For a while I struggled with not feeling like I had a "real birth". I can tell you exactly where that came from too - other mothers. There's a certain faction that would like you to believe that regardless of why you had one it was somehow a lesser experience and that really did a head trip on me. Why I had one isn't the point. The point is that if it DOES happen, you shouldn't beat yourself up over it .Your birth experience, while different, is just as valid and beautiful as anyone else's. =)
    Anonymous

• I was pissed, upset and ready to bite someone. It was something I was not happy about. I felt like a total failure and a wimp. Plus I didn't feel like a real mother since I didn't bring my children into this world. I also suffered from depression for months too.
    I had 2 emergency c-sections.
    MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 4:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I did my happy dance when my doc told me a month ahead that I'd have to have a c-section. After my very traumatic vaginal birth the first time around, I was going to ask for a c-section the second time around and was over the moon excited that it was medically necessary. The delivery was better. The recovery was better. It was a great experience for me.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My daughter was breach, so I had no choice. When I found out I was devastated. But as time went on, I was kind of relieved. I didn't have to do anything - just show up and lie down. It kind of took the pressure off me. Also, I was able to put a definite plan in place for my son while I was at the hospital. I knew exactly when it would take place. Afterward, the pain was bad for 3 days, but not much worse than natural birth. I got to stay at the hospital for 4 days which was really nice. I really bonded with my daughter and we got very good at breast feeding. I ended up liking the whole thing better than natural and chose to have another c-section when I had my third.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• The first one, I was relieved because I had been PUSHING for 3 1/2 hours, he was posterior and stuck and I could not physically push him out.

The second one, I was pissed. I had planned to VBAC but was only allowed to labor till I finally asked for my epi (7 cent dilated) for four hours before the doctor that I had only met once before my induction started pushing for my c-section. I felt beat down, and that I didn't want to argue with her anymore. So I just gave up, I was furious and angry both at myself and at that doctor.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I was happy. My first was an emergency and by the time we did that I was ready to have him out no matter how he got here. My 2nd and 3rd were planned after that and I was just happy to have my healthy babies afterward.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 4:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• "The first one, I was relieved because I had been PUSHING for 3 1/2 hours, he was posterior and stuck and I could not physically push him out."

The same happened to me. :-(
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I've had 3 c-sections. The first was an emergency and the 2nd two were planned. In each case, I was so happy to have a healthy baby. I didn't have to push my babies out to know that they were mine and that I birthed them. Heck -- I've got a lovely scar as proof that they came from me!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2009