Has anyone ever expierance their baby turned sideways?

Well last visit to the doctor they were a little concern (33weeks then) that my utereus was off by 2 weeks (31cm) I didnt think anything was wrong with the baby because he was moving like he normally does his heartbeat is great but the doctor was still concerned about the height so she scheduled an ultrasound just in case i didnt grow(2weeks later..today) she measured me and im (im 35weeks now, measuring at 34cms) which was good and she had a bit of a hard time finding his heartbeat cause he doesnt stay still...well she wanted to know which position the baby is in i had a quick ultrasound and it turns out hes sideways not head down his head is on my right side i have an option where they will try to turn the baby themselves i know theres a slight risk of going into labor cause they give me medication to relax my uterus..has any1 ever expieranced this procedure? some women ask for epidurals? is it that serious?

Kri5taa

Asked by Kri5taa at 4:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My middle son was turned sideways a week before he was due. They did an ultra sound the day he was born, and he had already turned himself head down.....(I was scheduled for a repeat c-section, but either way, at the last minute he turned!!)

Good luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• aww i hope my baby turns on his own i dont want a c-section at all!!
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 4:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My baby has gone sideways a couple times (around 33-34 weeks) but she always moved herself back
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• There are ways to coax baby to move. They offered you an ECV, I would wait until you've tried more successful and less painful options. You still have plenty of time, though, don't worry! Early labor contractions are known to help aid baby into position, so wait until you've exhausted every opportunity! :-)

Transverse Lie, or baby lying sideways

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i am 30 weeks and my baby is always sideways. it can get very uncomfortable when he ties to stretch out. i have found that if i gently rub his head down a bit, and his butt up, it sometimes helps coax him in the right direction. but it never fails that the next day he will be sideways again. if you do decide to help him in the right direction, be very careful, it can cause labor to start if there is to much stimulation.
    123erek

Answer by 123erek at 5:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i would definitely wait till you're closer to delivery before turning baby. he may just be stubborn and wanna wait til he feels like it haha. my lil guy wasnt sideways but turned face up instead of down and during labor (after my epi at 7) they were having me roll back and forth to get him to turn over, and it worked.....so there's always something that can be done when its crunch time. good luck! and congrats!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I just had a c section 3 weeks ago to this. My baby was almost 9 lbs and still sideways at 38 weeks. I was really uncomfortable. My placenta was in the front, so they didn't try to turn him bc not only was he measuring large, which makes it tougher, but the placenta could have been damaged bc they have to use so much force. I was really scared when I found out I had to have a c section, but I had no other option. It's basically impossible to vaginally birth a transverse baby. If you do have to have a c section, don't worry. It was a piece of cake, and I hardly experienced any pain afterwards. It hasn't even been 3 weeks, and I feel totally normal already. I had heard so many horror stories, and none of them ended up being true at all. If you have any questions at all, let me know. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2009