Did Obama really vote for the bridge to nowhere?

I do believe he did.

www.cdobs.com/.../obama-and-biden-voted-for-bridge-to-nowhere,1628

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/10/.../main4435937.shtml

www.factcheck.org/.../whats_the_full_story_on_the_bridge.html

www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/23/biden.../index.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG, obsess much? How many times are you going to post this? And why does it matter to anyone??
    Anonymous

• I cannot wait to see what "they" or "she" has to say. Thanks for posting Carpy.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• LOL just proving my point. Thanks mamakirs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Is this sort of stuff for you guys some what entertaining? I mean posting things like this just to see what a person or persons will say so that you can debate with them? I'm not on a so called side here nor do I post alot but I am here every day and at least to me it seems as tho this kinda thing is happening more and more. Posting something or responding to something to get people in a tizzy only to discredit them for their difference of opinion.

My observation is a simple one - I am by no means saying that this is something that is definitely happening that is why I'm asking instead of assuming.

Anonymous

• I believe on another post a person said that the comment that BO voted against a few things was a lie or incorrect, thus this shows that the OP of the other question was not lying or making things up. It not really about debate its about not being called a liar.
    But thats my assumption and well you know what they say
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• sorry Carpy if I over stepped or over stated
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Thats okay mamakirs. You nailed it on the head.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Your factcheck link didn't work, but I did find it. And as I expected, it was originally part of an overall bill. And therein lies the problem in Washington. When you vote for a bill, there are all kinds of other things stuck in along with the main topic. And that's plain wrong....it forces you to take bad with the good.

It was also wrong that the amendments did not pass, though.

I'm not so stupid as to believe that Mr. Obama has not made mistakes. EVERYONE makes them.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Oh yeah gd like the admin now attaching the hate crimes stuff to the military budget

dirty politics obama is doing it too
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• October 2005: Sen. Tom Coburn proposes an amendment to a bill making appropriations for transportation. The amendment would strip the earmarked funds from the Gravina and Knik Arm bridges and commit them to the rebuilding of the Twin Spans bridge in Louisiana, which was damaged by Hurricane Katrina. Obama and Biden vote against the amendment. McCain is not present. The amendment fails 82 - 15 with three not voting.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/whats_the_full_story_on_the_bridge.html

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2009