pain relief for infected hair follicle??

I shaved for the first time down there in march awhile after my son was born and have had an infected hair follicle since.. they had me on clindamycin at first, and it almost went the whole way away but never totally does, ive been applying batroban on and off since then with no luck, it always almost goes away then doesnt.. my husband and i only have sex ONCE a month because of the pain that follows. it really hurts me and the last time we had sex was two days ago,i took a vicidon that i normally only take if i get bad back pain and it hasnt helped at all. is there anything else i can do? doctors just tell me it will go away? surely there is something that will speed it up, its been there almost a year and is more painful now then ever i even feel shakey because of the pain tonight! please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Health

• That does not sound like a simple infected hair follicle. I would go to another doctor. If you have good insurance, go to the ER.

If you get a fever at all it could be cellulitis and it is an emergency situation. You would probably need IV antibiotics.

For now you could try cold packs like frozen peas wrapped in a towel. 15 min on 15 min off.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009