Do you get jealous when you see a mother with a boy and a girl and you have two of the same sex?

I have two wonderful girls that I loved to death. I wish I had the perfect family with a little boy and a girl. I kinda get jealous of my friends that have them or people that have them of expecting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope. I *was* a member of said perfect family. My brother and I were always trying to kill each other. **grin**

I couldn't convince them to send him back for a sister, either.

It's never having what you want...it's always wanting what you've got!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• expecting boyNo not really I guess bc I have a boy and a girl. But I know what you mean one of ea. try for a boy but this time tell him not to pull out so soon...lol (Have him keep it way all up in there...until done...lol)

Anonymous

• BE thankful you have 2 healthy children, a lot of people can't have any or struggle with special needs children, after 4 miscarrys and 1 stillbirth, I thank god for the 1 son I have and would give my right arm to have the others with me as well, no matter what sex they are! I am sorry these kind of questions really make me wonder is anyone thankful anymore?
    Anonymous

• No and I'll tell you why, I battled infertility, so having my children was a challenge.  I do understand the feeling though.  We all have images of the ideal family and our reality rarely matches that image.  I suspect that these feelings go away fairly quickly.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I know what you mean. I have 3 boys.

They all have a life-threatening medical condition and were called special needs. I had infertility problems and miscarriages. I still wish I had a little girl. My grandchild is even a boy.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Um.. I sometimes get "envious" when I see mom's with their little girls. My niece was the ideal infant and toddler and kid and my son, I love him with ALL my heart but he has been very hard, and he's SO active, I can't get him to sit for 3 minutes , sleep issues, food issues, constipation, tummy aches.. So no, not jealous but sometimes maybe just envious
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• No, I thank god that I have two girls. It what I always wanted!
    Anonymous

• NO, I am sure I have two girls for a reason and I am VERY HAPPY with what I have.
    Tdaycare6678

Answer by Tdaycare6678 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• whos to say what the "perfect" family is anyway, right? I know what your saying though, My sister has a girl and a boy, and I was always so jealous that she had that. When I had my little girl, I was pretty convinced that if I ever had another it would be girl to and that made me sad. Not that I wouldn't love another girl, I have expierance with girls. However now that I'm pregnant again it is a boy and i'm SOOO excited! I think I would have been happy yet dissappointed at the same time if it was a girl.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have 3 boys.
    I dont get jealous but I think how it would be interesting to have a daughter and see how raising one would be.
    My sis is about to have girl #5 and she's glad not to have a boy cuz she doesnt know what she'd do with one and she's felt that way since she had her second daughter LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2009