I think all the SAHM questions were put out there because Dr. Phil was about that today!

No need to comment just making a point. Sometimes survey/poll type places I've heard put questions on these types of sites to get some feedback. Makes sense for all the SAHM Q's today!

slynnb

Asked by slynnb at 5:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• The SAHM Q's have been a theme all week, its getting a little tiresome really.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I don't watch Dr. Phil. I'm a full-time WOHM mother (just taking a break right now). It's just that this topic has always hovered over me. I have worked some dark years of survival (and found solutions). And I have learned how fragile life is. Our society is so much different (unpredictable), and progressively heading that way, then it was in the past. I just wish I can hear more about WHOM survivalists, and not so much from idealists who have yet to see life from the underbelly.

IMO, This is the day and age when kids really do need to see their parents work.
    Anonymous

• I think you are right. But the questions were blatantly putting SAHM down. I support women NO MATTER what their choice but I will defend myself as a SAHM anytime.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• There were a lot of comments and questions putting down SAHM's. I think women should be able to do whichever suits them and not be put down for it. TBH, many of us SAHM's get to see the underbelly every day. I don't stay home because my husband makes a huge amount of money. I stay home because I don't see the sense of me working solely to pay a daycare center. The jobs here in this tiny little town are low end pay so my check would go to daycare. No thanks. Yes, it's a struggle but we do it. That's our choice.
    Anonymous

• I was thinking that as I was watching that episode today, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• IMO, This is the day and age when kids really do need to see their parents work.

So SAHM's don't work, the child rearing and housework gets done all by itself and we sit around, watch movies and eat chocolate. Right.
    Anonymous

My kids do. They see me work for the family. They see us budget money - we get no assistance. They see us cut corners to make sure our family is fine. It's a silly notion that the only jobs with any validation are those that pay.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 6:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• What is the "underbelly" mean? I have never heard that saying before.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• we sit around, watch movies and eat chocolate. Right.

No - you sit around on CafeMom because you're bored stiff.
    Anonymous

• i personally just think it's crappy for sahm's to use welfare to do so. i never have and can get a job rather quickly. it's not taken me more than a week or two to ever find one or two. so come on!!! get off the couch and start working if you're using welfare!!! that's not what it's for. and im thankful that mo has a law that doesn't allow people to use welfare for more than five years (which means infants would be school-aged but that time) and they have no excuse!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2009