How do you become a foster mom for animals ?

libraNgemini

Asked by libraNgemini at 5:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pets

• You should call around to differant shelters in your area to see about becoming a volunteer foster mom. They are always in need of foster homes. I have done that myself for a long time or i have fostered strays that i have found on my own. We have a lot of stray cats on my street and i have done a lot of spay and release of the wild kitties but have been able to find good homes for the babies
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Call any of the local rescue groups in your area, they would be happy to take you up on the offer.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You can go to Petfinder.com to find the rescue groups in your area. Often the application to be a foster home is online. Someone will usually come to your home to make sure you aren't hoarding animals or there aren't big problems. They don't care if last night's dishes aren't washed.

We recently moved and aren't all the way unpacked. I've lost motivation. We are fostering 2 kittens. Cats like boxes! They don't care if you aren't unpacked.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have fostered for a while now. All I did was go online and found a few rescue groups in my area and called them. You can also go on www.petfinder.com it has an area where you can find local rescue groups. After you talk to a group you will probably have to have a home check and they usually check with your vet to make sure your animals are up to date on shots and such.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 5:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Thanks ladies that was very helpful!
    libraNgemini

Answer by libraNgemini at 6:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009