How can i get my 2 yr son to sleep through the night again?

My son use to sleep through the night when he was around 4 to 5 months and every since then slept good...around 18 mnths he started waking up again 2 to 3 times a night wanting his sippy cup with milk...i have tried just water and he will just cry and cry and sometimes go back to sleep but im having trouble trying to get him back in to his own routine on putting himself back to sleep....any great advice??

lilmamab07

Asked by lilmamab07 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like he is hungry. Maybe you could feed him a high protein snack before he goes to bed.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree with Gailll, It sounds like he just needs more protein during the day.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You could try feeding him right before bed like they said. My son is 22 mo and has a bottle to go to sleep every night still so maybe if you do the milk RIGHT before bed then brush his teeth, he will sleep better. It could just be that he is going through a growth spurt right now. He could honestly be needing more food, especially if his feeding has increased during the day too. If that was the case, and the before bed milk did not work, Id let him go with these feeding for another month or two, just to make sure that it isnt because his body is honestly needing an increase in calories during the night to help with some extra growing.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 12:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2009