To all co sleeping Moms!!

I have a son that is 18 months and refuses to sleep in his own bed...my other half is getting sick of it but likes it also...is it to soon to try getting a twin bed and putting him in there and seeing if he will be okay to sleep there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think it is too soon, you could always get the bed and if it doesnt' work out yet you can do it later. The way my husband and I look at it (there are definately pros and cons) is that it's just a phase in our lives. Our baby girl won't always be sleeping in between us, and we will have the rest of our lives to do that. Good luck:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I say give it a try! I didn't co-sleep all the time, but me kids were all in regular beds by 18 months (well, the first two were and my 3rd will be soon).I would either put him in his bed first and if he wakes during the night, bring him to your bed or let him fall asleep with you and then put him in his bed. Also use his bed for naps! He may adjust quickly, and if not at least part of the night you will have alone. Good luck!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• We only co-slept part-time with each dd. For naps, they stayed in their own crib and eventually their big-girl beds. We put them to bed in their own room, but then during the night if they woke up, they ended up in our bed. Now the 4 yr old is done napping and she never comes in our room except for the occasional weekend morning snuggle. Our 2 yr old still sometimes wakes up before sunrise and ends up between us, but she will only nap in her own bed (a convertible crib with the side removed).
    I don't see any harm in getting him used to his own bed by making it a nice comfy place of his own. Talk to him about how big kids get their own special beds, don't force him into it, and I'm sure he'll get used to it. Once he's bigger though, you might miss the snuggling :)
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Thank you ladies soo much!! I loved hearing from other co-sleepers(especial JackieGirl) because most of my friends refuse to have their kids sleep with them!!!! I am going to try and see how it goes and the tip about talking about how big kids do it will probably help a lot!
    JEpright83

Answer by JEpright83 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2009