How do I get my 9 mo old to sleep past 5:30 A.M.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If my son woke up at that time at that age he was hungry. I would nurse him and then he would go back to sleep for another two hours or so.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 6:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Ah, a dawn patrol kid! This is something they have to outgrow. Although if you're lucky, he won't and you'll never have trouble getting him up for school.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Are you feeding your baby right after he/she gets up? If you feed at the same time every day...then hunger comes to call at that time every day. Try postponing breakfast by 10-15 minutes each morning...perhaps hunger will start calling a little later and maybe you'll get to sleep in a bit!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I fed him and he'd sleep another 2-3 hours. Also darken the windows with blankets to keep it more "night-like".
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Or you could just use curtains...lol (referring to the above suggestion of blankets on the windows)
    Anonymous