What's the best way/technique to get your baby to take a nap during the day?

I would like for my baby to take a nap at around the same time in the afternoon.

Andy29

Asked by Andy29 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just start a normal routine around that time you lay down together, even if baby doesn't fall asleep...make it quiet time and soon he will realize that this is nap time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I am a huge fan of busy baby=sleepy baby. Get out, get moving-get baby some fresh air and sunshine (or even stimulation at the mall with all the colorful displays if its cold out!) and the come home, eat, snuggle and put her down for a nap... do this daily for a few weeks (which will feel like months!) and you will have a baby ready to nap. Well, it worked for me... that hard part was getting my butt in gear earlier in the day- I am not a morning person- I could goof off until noon!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2009