medicine for depression

So my doc put me on welbutrin and i had to get the generic, Bupropion. The label says "do not take in 3rd trimester."

WTF

any one else been on this stuff in the 3rd trimester?

MHaney1980

Asked by MHaney1980 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took it in my 3rd trimester to ward off postpartum depression. My child was born full term, healthy, happy and I was able to be a better mother not having the PPD.
    Stacey73

Answer by Stacey73 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I did not take any.

Even though they claimed i needed it.

Its all about your diet. The right vitamins will work just as good.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Very few drugs are tested fully on pregnant women. We're not a good drug testing group unless the drug is specific to pregnancy. Drugs that are not tested much often have labels that say NO just to be safe.

If you ever have any insecurity about anything, your mother's intuition will tell you. You know what's best for you and your baby.

Diet can change things too!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Vitamins and diet do not treat depression. Don't let anyone trick you into thinking they do.

Your doctor knew you were pregnant. Welbutrin is not a new drug. It has been on the market for years. It is a drug that is not contrindicated for lactating women so you can breastfeed your baby.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2009