Returning something W/O a receipt?

I want to return something to Target but I lost the receipt and would like store credit. Anyone ever done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• Target is great about this, especially if you used a credit or debit card and your purchase was within 90 days. They can look up the sale with your card and credit it back at your purchase price.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have, but it was a big PITA. Our baby registry was more than a year old already, and I didn't have the receipt for the diapers that a college friend got us as part of a gift basket. I don't know when she bought them, but we received them well after the shower and after dd outgrew that size. All I wanted was to exchange a size 2 pack for a size 3 pack, but I had to talk to 3 different people in order to do it.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• It's Target - they are really modern and save copies of customers receipts in their computers.

Shouldn't be a problem at all.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I've exchanged things with no reciept before, but I had to get store credit instead of cash or a credit to my mastercard. And for some reason I had to show my drivers' license too.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, target is ok with returns without a receipt. They won't give cash but you can get a gift card

Answer by admckenzie at 7:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• if it's not open or damaged they have to give you store credit
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Hmm...what kind of Targets do you all have. Ours has in big bold letters ..returns must be made with a receipt. The only thing they will do is an even exchange ..like if something doesn't fit you can get another size. Otherwise ..don't bother returning something at our Target!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I work at Target. We do except returns without a receipt for certain items and you will get store credit if paid in cash or a chnace to swap it out. We can use your debit/cc to pull up receipts and put money back on the cards. Also without a receipt you are allowed 2 A YEAR. After that you will be denied.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• TARGET SUCKS!!! If you paid with a CC and it was with in the last 3 to 6 months they can actually look up the slip and give you either store credit OR your money back. If it's been longer than that or you paid with cash you might not be able to do anything. GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 9:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2009