why am I losing vision in one eye?

Hi! I am 27 weeks pregnant and every so often and for no reason, I will just lose vision in my left eye. Its similar to what happens when you stand up too fast, but only in on my left side. And it happens when I'm just walking along. (not related to sitting or standing)This didn't happen with my first child, and my blood pressure is always normal when I go to the doctor. Can it be spiking or something? I really don't lwant to bother asking my OB or midwife, they always make me feel crazy if they can't find anything wrong.

mamagood81

Asked by mamagood81 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They shouldn't be making you feel crazy! If you have a concern, they should be addressing it with compassion, not annoyance. I would call your OB, or even your regular doctor because this doesn't seem like something that is normal. If all else fails, try contacting an ophthalmologist, seeing as how it's something to do with your vision. GL!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You could have a blood pressure issue. That needs to be checked right away. Call someone and leave a msg now. NOW!

Best case scenario, you are having normal vision fluctuations that can occur during pregnancy. Some women can no longer wear contacts while pregnant. Hope that's all it is!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Of course you should ask your OB.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Call the doctor or the midwife. You need to let them know and NOW. You had your glucose test right? Could be a number of things, but I would call and get it checked. If they make you feel crazy then they are not doing their jobs.
    KelsyKin

Answer by KelsyKin at 8:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2009