Do you live in Colorado and earn Minimum Wage.

Well if you do.. You will not be making minimum wage for much longer. The state of Colorado is going to LOWER (that's right lower) the state's minimum wage.. The reason, because the cost of living is going down.. How laughable is that one.... Yep, Colorado (a long with a few other states) has a state minimum wage that rises with cost of living.. Problem is, to get that passed in Colorado, the law was written so that it could be interpreted that if cost of living dropped, then so could the minimum wage.. What a way to screw over the little guy.. Granted. It is only going to drop 4 cents, but , the idea that a state can actually lower wages like this should be a concern to the people who live in a state that can legally do this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/14/us/14colorado.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I do not make minimum wage, but this sounds silly! I guess whats fair is fair... we have been on a wage freeze for a year or so. People new to our school district start lower than I did 5 years ago. My husband took a pay cut and has no bonus this year-ouch! I do not buy that the cost of living is going down here in Colorado.. my cost of living is going up!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2009