What did you do with your baby's old clothes?

I'm slowly gathering more and more clothes that don't fit my daughter. (Kids grow, who knew??? Haha!) I'm thinking of making a quilt out of her old clothes, instead of saving them or giving them away.
Out of curiosity, what did you all do with your baby's old clothes?

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I kept anything under 9 months for the next baby (when that is going to happen???) and everything else, I had a runnage sale.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• rummage, lol...runnage sounds like something very bad happening.
    Jademom07

• Donated the good stuff to the Salvation Army so someone else could get some good use of them.
    Anonymous

• i dontate them or take them to a resale shop and get store credit to get him more clothes that fit him now instead of going out and buying more
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I save the ones that are really cute and in good shape and the others that aren't worth keeping but are in good shape I put an ad on craigslist saying that if there is someone who would benefit from a bag of free baby clothes I would like to donate them. I always have responses almost immediately.
    I only keep some because I might decide to have another baby at some point...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Craigslist or freecycle.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Ok thank you all for your responses...I'm just wondering if it isn't kind of selfish to want to keep everything, even if I make something I can use out of them.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I gave all of my son's clothes, baby swing, bassinet, carseat and everything else to my 16 y/o niece who just had a baby.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I gave them to my SIL and things that were special (his picture outfits and t-shirts from the zoo etc) I kept and when I have enough I plan to make a quilt from them. I tried to repurpose as much as possible, but I also had a SIL to give them to.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i plan on making a quilt out of our favorites, then with the others i will take to a consignment shop (as long as they're not stained). anything the consignment shop doesn't take i will give away either to goodwill or freinds.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009