Does anyone konw about new 9/11 G.I bill?(military)

Hi, my hubby is in the Air Force for almost 10 years.
He only has four strips, but he's a hard working man.

He'd like to transfer his 9/11 GI bill to me so I can go to college.
But, the thing is that I'm going to go to community college first, so I don't think I'm going to use up all the money provided for us.

After I'm done with my Associate degree in the future, can I roll over the left over money(subsidy) to my husband for another time? My hubby wants to earn the Master degree sometime.

It's such a heartbreaking that my hubby's willing to sacrifice his educational enthusiasm over my own education.

Is there any way that I can roll it over to my husband?
Or is it just one time thing?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in

• I don't know much about the GI Bill, because I don't get to take advantage of it...hubby and I met when he was in the Navy; he can use his GI Bill but I can't. (Just as well, the school I want to go to doesn't accept a GI Bill)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• no its usually 6,000$ from his GI bill and a community college u prob wont use all ofit and yes u can use all the 6,000 whereever u go. but spouses do get the 6,000$ so its good
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 10:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• hmm my neighbor is in the army and i know he was taking classes at m.i.t. through the army...but he was also a teacher so i think you should talk to someone more about this..cause one class at m.i.t. is a small fortune....
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2009