Which is it?

Obama accused doctors of being greedy, taking out tonsils for no reason for profit and wacking off limbs for $50,000 (of course we now know that was a lie).

But now suddenly when he finds a few to back him, suddenly Drs are now the experts on what Obamacare should be.

Guess its just more of Obama talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why does anyone expect ANY politician NOT to talk out of both sides of their mouth? All of 'em do it. You say what you need to in order to win your case. It's a very lawyerly thing to do, ya know.

Yeah, I keep my expectations low in the political arena. Never been disappointed yet.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree with gdiamante. I never really expected anything different from Obama.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• We knew he was a liar he did it all throughout his campaign. Problem is the lies he is spewing about healthcare could cost lives and financially ruin families more than is happening now. He could make a bad situation even worse.
    Anonymous

• I guess it was that "hope and change" thing.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Carpy~
    source please for that statement--so much is taken out of context and pieced together, it bears investigation.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 8:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Don't really have a link. I watched him say both.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I actually had a mammogram several years ago and was told I needed to have a core biopsy (I don't recall the exact name for it) they did the procedure which was painful as the shots to numb me did not work. I was then reffered to a surgeon to get his opinion. I went to a very well known doctor in my area and he looked at my test and exrays and said none of it needed to be done. If I had gone to him first he would have not recommended it.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Especially since those doctors who were on the lawn of the WH were SEIU members. I thought the SEIU was the service employees internation union - service employees doesn't sound like doctors. They are the experts he is refering to.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• He is talking about incentives for Drs to use expensive treatments. This is well known and well studied. He did not say they were greedy, he was talking about the problems with incentives given to Drs to use more invasive treatments and expensive surgeries, and it is not always at the benefit of the patient. Try not to twist it into something it is not. He is not talking out of both sides of his mouth, he is identifying a problem, and also encouraging Drs to work with him to solve it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2009