When did your kid/s start talking?

And I mean talking as in saying more than 5 words and/or putting 2-3 word sentences together. =]

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 7:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter started around 18 months. My son started closer to 24-30 months. I guess he didn't have much to say. Now, neither one of them shuts up, ever.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have a 15 mo old that had 20 words by 13 mos and is now using 3-4 word sentences and we are close to 50 words.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Right when he hit 15 months mine started picking up words like crazy, sometimes several in a day. As far as sentences, he can say "want down" and maybe one other phrase. Otherwise it's still single words and pointing now a month later.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 8:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• About 15months she was saying a bunch of words and by 18months she was saying 2/3word sentences.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• When she was about 15 months she was potty-trained (getting it down)
    and after that she would not shut up! so around 16/17 months it was run run run
    run your mouth !
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 8:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My daughter is 23 months and has really been talking a lot the last month or so putting together 5 word sentances or so and her vocabulary seems to be getting larger everyday. My son was slower, I'm not sure when he really started saying longer sentances. At 2 I wrote out a list of all of his words, I think it was 70- something words. I couldn't possibly write a list for my daughter at this point.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• About 2 1/2 years old. She's speech delayed, and has been in speech therapy from September 08-Jan 09 and April 09-present.
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 10:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• hm... well.... sometimes when he was around 12-14 months he would say a sentence out of the blue and we would all be like WHAT?!? where did that come from?? then he whispered stuff to us if he didnt want other people to hear it, but you cant "get him' to talk he does it on his own time, which i find nothing wrong with..... now he talks when he wants to and babbles when he doesnt want to hes 19 months
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 1:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2009