What are ultimate acts of love that have been done for you, no matter who's done it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• On my 16th birthday, we didn't have a car or anything - we were living with my grandma. It was just my mom and me. (There is a huge backstory). Anyway, my mom got paid that day and took the public transit bus to the mall. She picked me up a few things - including a CELL PHONE (it was 2001 - before EVERYONE had cell phones). She spent her whole paycheck - she didn't even have a dollar for the bus so she walked from the mall to my grandmas house. To this day, it still makes me want to cry. She wanted me to have a nice 16 year old birthday and I did.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My mom because her husband, my stepdad, tried to "make out" with me when I was 12. She divorced his sorry butt.
    Anonymous

• My mother brought me into this world without the use of pain medication. She sacrificed SOOO much over the years to be a good mother. She suffered through a nasty marriage so that I would have my dad. She worked her fingers to the bone for minimum wage to provide for us when my dad got sick and coudln't work any more.

My grandmother took us in over and over again when we had nowhere else to go.

My sister saved me from being run over by an 18wheeler when we fell out of my mom's car.

My husband works really hard every day to provide for my daughter and I. He moved clear across the country with only a suitcase and a backpack to be with me. He puts himself last a good chunk of the time and does his best to meet my needs.

My dad never really sacrificed much to show me love, but just being himself gave me such wisdom.

Thank you for posting this question... I'm gonna call my mommy now :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My mother, after realizing that she couldn't have any more kids, adopted me when I was just 3 days old. She faced the ridicule of not being able to have kids, and choosing a "girl of all genders" and not a boy, even though she "had the choice, so that my dad's name could live on..." She worked her butt off so that I can have all the nice, pretty, whimsical things a little girl asks for, and she too, suffered a nasty marriage so that I can have my dad and not a broken marriage. (they're a LOT better now). My mom has stuck by me through my worse times and my best times, and although we butt heads, I know that she'll always be there for me, picking up the pieces and putting me back together when I just don't have the energy to do so.

My parents overall. Despite that fact that I was a stupid, selfish, and bratty teenager, for accepting me as their daughter, no questions asked, even though we don't share the same blood...
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Jesus died on the cross for me and there is no greater act of love than this. God also gave me the gift of a child and comforted me when it seemed my life had shattered after my LH died. He further enabled my heart to love again and sent a beautiful man into my life that will become my husband in nine days. He gave me hope. Honestly, these are the first thoughts that entered my mind, I can think of nothing else that really compares.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My dad, for always being there for me. Giving me advise even when I didn't want it, always telling me I can do whatever it is I want to, for sticking by me through all the dumb things I've done and just for being my shoulder to cry on whenever I needed it.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2009