too early?

took a test today because I am like 7 days late for my period but it came back negative... could it be too early? should i just try in like 10 more days?

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 7:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no..if your are 7 days late its not too early...but it is still possible to get a false neg for some.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You should get a positive before you even miss your period. Most tests pick up the hormones up to 5 days before your period is due. That doesnt mean you didnt get a false neg though. I would test again with your first morning pee. It has the most concentrated hormones.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• most of the time a test will come up positive once your period is late. but in some cases, the hormone doesn't build up in the urine very much. i think that's relatively rare though. good luck :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2009