TMI--mucus plug....about 37 weeks

ok so i have been a total worry wart this whole pregnancy, and im sure my questions get annoying lol, buuut i have another one lol.

so i know over the past couple days i have been loosing my plug, monday night i had gotten out of the shower and this big brown glob fell onto my leg and it was all connected and you get the picture, so i was like well this is good! its coming out! and last night i couldnt sleep, i felt like i needed to push...? really weird i know, but i wasnt sure if it was b/c i had to go poop or something, so i went to the bathroom and pushed and these huge bright red globs (im assuming my plug) started to come out. i have no idea why i felt like i needed to push, but i just did, so i kept pushing and more kept coming out. now today there hasnt been anything! not even any discharge. i know its good to loose your plug but do i need to let my doc know that i have lost it? or can it wait until FRI appt?

danette624

Asked by danette624 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would just wait and tell the doctor on friday. i never experienced that feeling to push it out but it doesn't sound like a problem or anything ;) i just wanted to also say that you could have your baby very very soon but it could also be a few weeks. i just hate to see people get all discouraged if they think labor is right around the corner and then they are still pregnant at 40/41 weeks :) good luck
    Anonymous

• but i do have to say that after i pushed for like 10 min and all of it came out i felt 10x better and i felt like i could relax more. i am a little over 1 cm dialted (last time i was checked) and my cervix is very thin and very soft.
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2009