Gyn problems- should I get a second opinion?

I have been TTC for several months now. I was told today that I have a blocked right fallopian tube and a 6cm cyst on the right ovary. Since I am trying to have a baby, the gyn is taking a wait and see approach instead of laparascopy, esp since I am not having any bad pain (just a dull ache). Seems to me the problems I am having would cause fertility difficulties, but she said the left tube and ovary are fine. Should I just leave it at that, or get a second opinion? It seems to me that there are other options that she should have suggested other than surgery or waiting... Anyone have experience with this? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you're not comfortable with her answer, you should get a second opinion. Even if it they say the same. It'll ease your mind.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Been there, had the complications, and then fixed it myself and got pregnant on the first try.

I am happy to share my radical detox plan that helped me get pregnant. I know the cysts are painful. If it ruptures, you will think you are dying. You are not dying. You just want to kill someone. If the cyst causes your fallopian tube to twist, you will think you are dying. You must go to the hospital right away and get an ultra sound. I nearly lost one ovary by waiting. A surgeon saved mine. My SIL did loose an ovary by waiting.

In short, my radical detox plan meant being gluten-free. I didn't go out an buy a bunch of crap to take. I had a very restricted diet that was super high in key nutrients. We both did it for 2 months and then tried 1 time to get pregnant and it worked.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You could try taking bcps to help get rid of the cyst, but that interferes with ttc right now. If you ovulate on your left side, the blocked right tube isn't really an issue. It's hard to feel like you aren't doing anything to optimize your chances, but after going through the struggles and procedures to have my twins, I know now that sometimes, less is more.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2009