My 14 month old just started yesterday taking his clothes off, any ideas how to curb this behavior?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Turn the heat down, lol.

We still have this problem sometimes with our 4 yr old and 2 yr old. If it's not a school day, and if we don't have errands to run, I just let them run around in their panties until they are cold. I think making a big deal about it would just make it worse.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I was ready to do that after the second of about 40 times he did it, but if he takes his pants off the diaper is sure to follow and I cannot have him walking around without a diaper, peeing and pooing everywhere.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i gave up last night and put some one-piece footy jammies on him last night but i only have 1 pair of those.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Awesome pajama trick another mom taught me: Get an old pair of footie pjs, like at the thrift store, then cut the feet off them. Stick those on him backwards and there's no way he'll get them off :D

We usually use cloth diapers when we're at home, so sometimes I'd put on the diaper and a cover, then put another cover on backwards. Even with sposies, I'm sure you could put one on the normal way and one on top that is fastened in the back.
    You can also get him some big boy undies with his favorite cartoon character to put on over the diaper and maybe he'll keep them on.

Good luck with your little nudist, lol :)
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Get him a potty chair and have it around the house. Tell him that nakey boys go pee pee in the potty and if he goes pee pee on the floor, he has to wear a diaper. Then continue to put his clotehs back on over and over again untill he listens. Its liek timeout, if you have patience and dont give in, he will get annoyed and give in first. It may take a while, but it happens. My son is 22mo and me doing that early is helping with the potty training a bit. He already knows that nakey time ends the second he pees on teh floor period. If he wants to run around naked, he has to be a big boy about it.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 12:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Put them on backwards

Answer by rkoloms at 12:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2009