billing/coding school worth time and money

berkeley,berdan,athem please help or online I'm confused...

explore64

Asked by explore64 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in

• I would probably find a small community college to go to (either on campus or their online program) instead of an online college. You'll get better hands-on experience, and it's way cheaper. Depending on where you are located, there are a decent amount of jobs in that field right now. I know a few people doing that job from home.
    Anonymous

• I would go to a school locally where you get hands on experience. Frankly there are so many "at home" non-accredited online schools for this and most employeers won't even recognize them or accept them as valid schools and course credit....plus you don't see too many advertisements that someone is hiring coders. The ads that say "earn $40,000 at home as a medical biller" are flat out junk.

And yep, I took one of the at home courses years ago, and even a community course, applied everywhere I could and was never hired!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2009