SAHMs and WOHMs: can you say something possitive about a woman who does the opposite of what you did/are doing, or do you feel the need to be nasty to women who make different choices from you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In the long run- if momma aint happy aint no one happy. Each mom should do what makes them happy if they can. After trying to do the SAHM thing, I know it is not for me. So I have been on both sides of the fence. My kids are just as well taken care of and adjusted now that I am home as when I worked. The main difference was that when I worked, I HAD to be an awesome time manager. Now I can go with the flow.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I can.
    I think SAHM and WOHM both have different hurdles to overcome, and they're both very admirable for doing what they choose to do.
    Just because I'm a SAHM, and prefer it for right now, doesn't mean I'm going to be nasty to someone who is a WOHM.

Same for any scenario out there. BF vs FF. Co-sleeping vs not...
    It's all a matter of your own personal choices. You're not affected by it, why even waste energy being nasty?
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I think it's great if a woman can go to work AND be a mom to her children! I have nothing bad to say at all! I am a SAHM but right now I have no choice in the matter. If I could go to work I would, but right now my place is at home raising our kids. I will go to work when I can....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom right now also, which I prefer. However, I may have to work part time here in the near future, because we want a new car. We won't use daycare though, because it's way too expensive. We will have to work separate shifts. Some women have really great careers. Should they just give them up, because they give birth??? . . . . I think not! (They have those students loans to pay off . . lol) And another thing, why does it always have to be the mother that stays home with the kids??? I swear some of the women on here are probably actually BAREFOOT AND PREGNANT in the kitchen. Get with the times ladies!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I was a stay at home mom but now I have to work. I feel like as long as you can provide for your kids with just one income stay at home with them!! But I also understand that not all of us make that much money, like myself, so we work and be the best mom we can in the time we have with our kids.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I can certainly say something positive about SAHM's and Working Moms because they are both doing what they think is best. I have been both. It is only fair to be positive about either option. And now days it is more ikely that Moms will have to work even if they would rather not. We should all support each other in any case.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I give some working mom's a lot of credit, I don't think I would have the patience or stamina to wake and dress my 3 kids, feed everyone breakfast, drop the toddler off at daycare, drop the older ones off at grade school and rush off to work, put in my 8+ hours, pick up the kids, return home, fix dinner, help with homework, gives baths, pack lunches and begin the cycle all over again.

Granted, I've done something similar once or twice a week, but it's always kicked my butt. I couldn't do it on a regular basis, nor would I want to.
    Anonymous

• Why do people always feel they have to explain their choices in life? If you are comfortable with how you have chosen to live, it is legal, moral, and not too outside the normal flow of society, then have a day. I don't need to defend my choice to work any more than you have to defend your choice to stay at home. If you are happy, then I am happy for you.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I honestly don't care what other Moms do, I do what I feel is best for our kids...
    It was a decision my Husband and I made together.
    My Mom worked, I loved her no matter what, I just chose to do the opposite and be a SAHM.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i have been both and will congrat any woman on their choice. I have stayed home more than i have worked. both are equally effective on raising kids
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2009