Ladies who have been in a Long-Term Relationship for a while...

DOES IT EVER MAKE YOU SAD THAT YOU WON'T HAVE THAT HEART-BEATING, BUTTERFLIES-IN-YOUR-STOMACH FEELING EVER AGAIN????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I gotta say it... I don't mean to call all you ladies who say you still get butterflies for your SOs liars... but I don't think you're telling the whole truth either. You probably do still get happy, giggly feelings for him, but not like you did when you were first together. Every touch, every kiss, every long gaze doesn't make you feel like you could fly away any more. The newness and crazy, senseless, hedonistic feelings have faded.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing... they were replaced with comfortable, deep-running feelings and a unique inderstanding that only long-term lovers can share. But it's not the same, and that hedonistic craze is rather nice.

Yes it does make me sad sometimes. But instead of dwelling on it I look forward to what I get for the rest of my life. A wonderful man who KNOWS me, and loves me anyway. That's just as good in a different way.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Who said I don't. I have been married for 30 years. I have entered the mature love, but I still get that "utz" in my stomach when he comes in the room at times. It should never go away. Just because the relationship is mature doesn't mean it isn't love.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• It used to when I was a bit younger.
    Anonymous

• I've been wit hubby 13 yrs. I still get butterflies and get all giggly around him ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree 100% with jesse. only.. I haven't been married 30 years.
    It's mature love, but I still do get that flip in my tummy when I see him come home from a loong day at work. He still brings that little smile to my face... and we both sneak peeks at each other when the other doesn't think we're looking. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I've been married 28 years and I still get those feelings for my husband. Especially if one of us has been away for a few days, or when we have a rare chance to escape alone. Sometimes he walks in in his suit and I tingle inside. Is it the school girl "OMG I haven't talked to him today Im gonna die" stuff ? No. As a relationship grows and hopefully matures your love grows and matures as well.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• not all the time, but every once in a while I get butterflies all over again
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• We just celebrated 9 years, and we still get the butterflies. Maybe not as often, and sometimes it takes work to set up romantic stuff when there are kids around, but love is love, and it's still amazing :)
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• we've been together a little over 3 years and we still act like crazy teenagers....i smile everytime i get a sweet text from him and i watch the clock waiting for him to get home.....i definately still get butterflies and im pretty sure its never gonna go away
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My pulse still races every time he walks in the door and I get butterflies

Answer by admckenzie at 9:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2009