Ideas for moving from crib to bed?

I am going to be moving my daughter from her baby crib to a toddler bed. What ways are good to do so?

emmaleib

Asked by emmaleib at 8:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put the bed up, take down the crib. Have her sleep in the bed for the first time as a nap, when it's not as dark as at night.

Put her to bed in the bed that night, following the same routine as before.

She might go right to sleep as if there is no change, or you might spend a week (or two) putting her back, putting her back, putting her back, putting her back.....and so on.

(I had one each way)

But take the crib down for sure.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• o and get one of those big body pillows and lay it next to crib in case she rolls out.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• let her pick out a new blanket or comforter set, if you want to go ahead and redecorate the room and let her pick the theme. my dd was 15 months (about i think....) when we went to a toddler bed, we let her choose her new decor she was soo excited about it that she had to show everyone her big girl bed for a week, even the furniture delivery guys! i surprised her and got her a stuffed elmo (that was her theme choice) to go with the comforter and just got a few wall clings to make the room elmo, she thought it was the greatest thing ever and had no problems. a few times she'd get out of bed and fall asleep by the door but i really think no matter how fun/easy you make it they'll get out of bed once or twice and will continue to do so now that they can get out of bed if they aren't tired.
    jessil83

Answer by jessil83 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• 15 months? wow, I thought that was way too early. I thought the average was 2 years plus but I may be wrong. I am about to pose my own question question about this subject because my son will be 15 months on the 22nd.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2009