WHY DO PEOPLE CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN?

ANNIE0626

Asked by ANNIE0626 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Holidays

• We do not celebrate a satanic holiday

Anonymous

• Because I like being "evil" and worshiping the devil *rolls eyes*
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Some do it because it's just a fun holiday. Others, like myself, actually celebrate a different holiday that falls on teh same day... Samhain. It's an ancient pagan tradition. It's the Celtic new year and it celebrates our ancestors, the harvest and the year to come.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree with Ati 13... I too celebrate Samhain in a more Pagan tradition. And also the Halloween version with my dh and grandson...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• It's fun to dress up as something other than your normal self. Free candy is good too.
    Anonymous

• chocolate
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Fun, community, tradition... a little vacation from the every day... why not. It is a harmless holiday. No one says you have to eat every bit of candy or go crazy on that night.. just enjoy watching your kids be free to run up and down the street, meet a neighbor you have not had a chance to meet. Say hello to someone you have not seen in a while. Dress like an idiot and have a little fun!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Because people like to have fun with their family, friends and neighbors and don't have a stick up their butts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Because it's FUN! :D
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 12:38 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• because all hallows eve is actually a mexican(i think...def latino) holiday where they celebrate the lives of the dead. if your really interested google el dia de la muerte. its basically where they go to the cemetary and have picnics and parites and remember those they have lost.
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 1:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2009