Induction

Has anyone tried evening primrose to help induce labor. And how safe is it? and if and it worked how long before your labor started!

BraxtonsMommy09

Asked by BraxtonsMommy09 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nothing will work unless your body and your baby are ready.
    Don't rush things :)
    I was 3 days past my due date the first time, and 2 weeks past due the second time. Remember that no one is pregnant forever. A few more days or weeks won't hurt, and you & our baby will be better off if you just wait it out.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I second raybird. I was due the 18th and delivered on the 5th of the next month plus even at that time I was induced, 18 days late and had a very hard time afterwards. But my baby grew as long as he could to be as healthy as he could. My emergency section and uterine infection afterwards too all was worth it to have my baby.

My advice though is if you are one hundred percent sure of when you conceived, I was because of things that happened shortly before that, for you to ask doctor when you several days past due - if it happens - is to find out how long past due he considers safe. 18 days past due was just too much for me that's what made me so sick. A doctor can actually do ultrasound tests and bloodwork to that determines both baby's wellbeing and baby's age.

Baby's coming there's no doubt about that mommy. Too late to back out now. How about recording for baby your words of memory of different things as a Birth Gift?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• This is a favorite of my Midwifes.  However, there have been women who have NOT gone into labor but their water has broken so be careful!  She didn't tell me any other side effect, only that. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2009