I want...

To lose weight. I am 5'1" last I weighed I was 194.. :-( I used to be 120. That was 2 years ago. Ever since I met my boyfriend I've been gaining. All I wanna do is lose the weight. I wanna be able to get pregnant. My boyfriend has a good job to support us so for the 1st few years I could be a stay at home mom. :)... I am a VERY picky eater. I won't eat anything good for me. What can I do?? I wanna be able to lose this weight by the end of the winter.... help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I know a number of people who have had good results with weight watchers.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Change your eating habits.
    Eat healthy food.
    Drink lots of water.
    Exercise.
    Get plenty of sleep.

To loose weight you need to burn more calories than you take in, but at the same time, you cannot starve yourself. You need to take in enough calories to meet your bodies daily needs.

Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, and should be eaten within an hour of waking for optimal effectiveness.

Cut down on your sugar/high fructose corn syrup intake and that will help with weight loss also.

Eat lots of protein and cut out the "bad" carbs.
    Anonymous

• I would start with simple changes.
    Stop buying junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My son is losing weight and has dropped 10 pounds a week by following this simple diet. 1 cup brown rice or whole wheat pasta and 1/2 cup vegetables, preferably dry beans at lunch and supper, for breakfast he eats either a cup of yogurt or a cup of grits, and he can have 3 cups of fresh fruit every day. He drinks water and walks about 3 miles a day. This diet really works if you are willing to put forth the effort. Good Luck and God Bless!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• why don't you try something simple at first? make small changes, just do a little at a time. If you go online and explore some recipe websites you can find healthier ways to cook your favorite foods. You may not be a size 2 by next week but you will be healthier.
    Or if you are extremely picky why not try a cookbook called "the sneaky chef". It was created for moms with picky kids. It has recipes that incorporate healthy ingredients like spinach and lima beans into foods that kids love to eat like macaroni & cheese. good luck!
    EODMommy

Answer by EODMommy at 12:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2009