This ever happen to you while pregnant?

So, I make dinner tonight for me & SO - pork chops with an apple cider sauce & sweet potatoes all cooked together in the crockpot, yum, right? But no, now the idea of eating any of that is making me feel like i'm going to barf & SO is at the pizza place getting me an italian combo...

I didn't think the food aversions continued all the way through pregnancy...

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 9:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh yeah they can and do not be upset if they continue for a few weeks afterwards too. I am a huge chicken eater, I could eat it everyday. LOVE IT. When I was pregnant, it couldnt even be in the house at all. Just seeing it in the store when shopping made me want to get sick. I had to change driving routes so I didnt even drive by a KFC because the smell made me so sick to my stomach. After I had the baby and on our way home my husband offered to get me chicken strips from my favorite restaurant. Again, just the thought of it made me sick. It took about 4 weeks after I had my baby to even try chicken again.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• That does sound delicious.

I was browning ground turkey the other day for some chili, I literally ran to the bathroom and threw up from the smell, which has never bothered me before. And I'm 26 weeks, no smells have really bothered me up until this point besides cigarette smoke, which also makes me vomit.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i hated many of my faves during my entire pregnancy. my midwife said i might hate those foods forever! but i like most of them again now. one that hasn't really come back for me all the way is hummus. i like it ok but i used to love it. during pregnancy i hated bell peppers and onions most of my pregnancy and ice cream and bananas for a while. all things i LOVED before and love now ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I had to pass on a few of my favorite meals during various pregnancies. Some just the smell of would bother me. Some I couldn't cook for anyone else. Some even the name of would send me running for the bathroom.
    Anonymous

• yeah. I have to force myself to eat almost every meal of every day. I have no appetite and barely anything appeals to me. I'm 20 weeks. I have only gained 8 lbs... with my first I had already gained 20-25 lbs...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yep. I wanted to hurl at the smell of McDonald's french fries and I love McDonald's frech fries!! I lost my appetite altogether though. I'd eat a few bites at each meal and feel sick. I lost 15lbs in the beginning and only gained that back and was about 20lbs lighter 3 days after giving birth. Still had a healthy 7lb 8oz baby boy though :) Oh and then I got my appetite back I gained a lot of weight in the months AFTER he was born lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• YES, mine was Chocolate, now I really thought something was seriously wrong with me because just the smell of chocolate made me want to barf. I also had this happen with other meals that I made too, good luck the BF needed to pack lunch for work or there would have been lots of wasted food.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2009