What can i expect when going to court after filling for a restraining order and full custody?

i'm going to have to confront babies daddy and im scared and nervous, he is currently in jail for beating on me in front of my child. i have a one year old and he has been in jail for 4 times, for the same reason, i want to get full custody, i currently have the temporary full custody and restraining order for me and my daughter, but that changes until i go to court, it was only for one month, now one month has passsed and i have to go to court and explain my case...

what can i expect, what can i say that will help me??

heres a little more about my situation,

-he was never there for his child
-has never taken care of her, and one time he did he was under the influence when i had came back from work, never again id left my child with him.
-he is a gangmember
-he is not a us citizen and has been deported several times. but he still comes back to california
-he is not paying child support, CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME ADVICE?

brenda714

Asked by brenda714 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• That sounds like enough.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• yeah, here's some advice. stop getting knocked up by an illegal alien gang member. hope the ct doesn't take the child away from you 2
    Anonymous

• I didnt have a child the first 3 times he did it, and it was different years, plus... i would leave him and he kept looking for me and when he found me he would hit me!!
    He only hit me ounce in front of my child and i called the cops immediatly, did not let it happen again, because i care for my child, and plus i didnt have my child around him because he was always doing something wrong, i know just because he was undocumented, it was a bad choice but that dosent mean i have to get my child taken away from me. im a good mother 24/7 going to school, how can u say that ANONYMOUS PERSON, u must be races
    brenda714

Answer by brenda714 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You sound like you have nothing to worry about it sounds to me that he will be locked up for a while. Just don't worry about nothing you tell the truth and all will be fine. If he is not suppost to be in the us then they will sent him back after he severs his time. I know what it's like to be in an abusive relationship and don't DON'T take him back EVER.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i wont, hes going to do prison time now which is good he will be in there for a year, im glad.

i hated being in a abusive relationship and i just dont want to see him ever again, too bad he is the father of my child, im just worried though, having to go to court and seeing him, he is very munipulating and can get his way, so im worried.
    brenda714

Answer by brenda714 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Don't listen to the anon...too bad being a biotch can't get you kicked out of the us....But anyway op you have nothing to worry about. With all that going against him, all he'll see of your daughter are the court fees and child support he will have to pay.
    Anonymous

• Those may sound like good reasons to gain sole custody, but you have to PROVE the child is being harmed. If the father is not harming the child, you may not get sole custody. It is difficult to get sole custody. Not paying child support isn't a reason to not have custody or visitation of a child. It should be, but child support is a separate issue. You need to have a good attorney and understand that laws vary from state to state and he may just get atleast, supervised visits.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2009