MY 3 1/2 YEAR OLD STARTED WETTING THE BED AGAIN...HELP!!

OK SO I NEED SOME ADVICE..MY 3 AND A HALF YEAR OLD SON HAS BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WETTING THE BED AGAIN. HE WAS POTTY TRAINED KINDA EARLY FOR A BOY. BY 18 MONTHS HE WAS IN UNDERWEAR ALL THE TIME..THEN AT THE START OF THE SUMMER HE STARTED WETTING THE BED AT NIGHT AGIAN..I THOUGHT THAT MAYBE IT WAS JUST BC IT WAS SO HOT AND HE WAS DRINKING ALOT MORE..WE HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING,,I HAD EVEN PUT HIM BACK INTO PULL- UPS TO TRY AND PROVE MY POINT..WE TOLD HIM THAT BIG BOYS DONT WET THE BED AND THAT IF HE CONTINUED TO DO IT HE WOULD HAVE TO WEAR DIAPERS AGAIN..WELL WE TRIED THAT AND IT DIDNT HELP..WE HAVE EVEN DONE A REWARD CHART...IF HE DOSENT WET THE BED THEN HE GETS A CHECK MARK...AFTER 5 HE GETS TO GO TO THE DOLLAR STORE AND GET A PRIZE..BUT ITS JUST HIT AND MISS NOW..WE HAVE STOPED HIS DRINKING AT 7..THEN HE CRIES THAT HE IS SOO THIRSTY..WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO? HELP!!

elijahsmommmy

Asked by elijahsmommmy at 10:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Did something change in his life? Like did you all move? Family pet die? Sometime change makes this happen.

One thing I know is, Punishing him will not work. Because i tried everything with my DD. Put pullups on him at night and leave it alone. He will stop when he stops.

Answer by louise2 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Pushng him wont help at all he will just keep doing it.. I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of toys put them in a bin and every night i would ask my son if he had to go potty and he said no and i would say well lets try cause remember you get to choice a toy in the morning if you dont pee in your bed so he tried and sometimes he went other times he didt but every morning that he woke up dry he got to choise a toy i did that for about 1 week or so then it went to everyother day and so forth untill he got the habit of just doing it again now he has not woke up wet in about a year so he gets a prize for helping and staying dry every 30 days but just remember a week is a long time for a kid.
    saramae9764

Answer by saramae9764 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• have you taken him to the doctors to check for any underlying conditions?
    Anonymous

• THANKS GUYS...THAT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER..I WAS JUST MAINLY WORRIED ABOUT IT BC HE WAS COMPLETLEY POTTY TRAINED FOR ABOUT A YEAR THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN HE STARTED WETTING..I DONT WANT TO FEEL LIKE IM GIVING UP ON HIM BY PUTTING ON PULL UPS..BUT I GUESS ITS WORTH A TRY..
    elijahsmommmy

Answer by elijahsmommmy at 8:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2009