How to peel a kiwi...

What would be the easiest way to peel a kiwi without butchering it?? lol I know random.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p01KHML9FCM

Ha ha I found a great video that shows how to peel it perfectly. Yum YUM Kiwi!

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• just take a knife and cut the skin off...mine are always butchered though lol. i dont think anyone can cut a kiwi perfectly.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I cut one of the ends off and gently slice the peel off with a small parring knife. If you do it with a small knife it is easier to manage.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I always just slice the skin off with a knife. Supposedly, you can just slice off the very end, slip a spoon between the flesh and the skin and kind of "pop" it out, but I've never been able to do it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Are you just wanting to eat it yourself or is it to cut it up for a gruit salad or garnish or something like that? If it's just to eat personally, I always just cut it in half and use a spoon to eat it out of the skin. To peel it to cut it up I cut both ends off, stand it on one end and using a sharp paring knife cut down the sides following the curve.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I use a paring knife and gently pull away the skin. The skin is edibile, though I would only eat the skin if the kiwi is organic.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2009