For all the military wives...

Ive been married for a little over a year now i am married to a man in the airforce. My dh got injured today he is ok as far as i know but my emotions are so mixed right now. This sounds stupid but i don't know weather to scream or cry. I wrote to my husband and while i was writing i couldnt breath. I CANT live if i lose him!!!! Have any of you been through this? I cant breath....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• i have not been through this but my husband is over there right now. all i can tell you is to try to stay as calm as possible and contact his first shirt and try to get information. im here if you need to talk. good luck and update me
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Yea contact his First Shirt for any concerns or questions, it is their job to be a resource for just such an occasion. My DH has been slightly injured from ducking a mortar attack, he was fine and only needed to clean gravel out of his legs and hands but I was a mess. Just stay calm and contact his FS and ask questions. Make sure they get him to contact you as soon as he can. Once you hear from him it will be better for you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Oh HONEY! I'm so so sorry! Unfortunately, I do know that feeling, THANKS to God that the injury wasn't too bad. I've also had some other scary moments, and I do understand your fear and your panic.

BUT - hopefully this will help. PLEASE believe me (I've been doing this a long time and worked with a lot of spouses, so I know what I'm talking about). 1st - if he was going to die, or was dead, they would NOT have called you. They would have come and told you that in person. He WILL be ok! 2nd - The other pp's are EXACTLY right - you need to contact his First Shirt. I understand they are deployed - but when you had your deployment briefing they should have given you emergency contact info. You should have Key Spouse who can help you reach the FS if you can't reach them on your own.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• cont

3rd - Is there anyone there local that can come sit with you? Believe me, even if you don't know them very well, 90% of the military wives I know would be there in a heartbeat, because we ALL live with this fear, so even if you don't know them very well, they WILL be there for you. Again, call your Key Spouse - they can help you, and this way, you won't be alone, and they can help with the emotional stuff and with the practical stuff with this.

4th - and I HATE that I have to say this, but PLEASE, be VERY careful - do NOT give ANY information to anyone over the phone about this unless you KNOW that they are legit, because, sadly, there are a lot of people who scam military wives, saying their dh has been injured or killed, and start needing all this info from you, and it's a very sick ID scam, and sometimes, even if there is an injury, they still try this.

I'm here if you need to talk or cry. I'm so so sorry!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2009