Why or why not did you get the swine flu vaccine?

Im 30 weeks pregnant. My Doc recommended it, but im on the fence. I'd like to hear why you chose to get it or not. :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I will get it, but I have to wait for our town to get the injection, they only have the nasal spray right now, which for some reason pregnant ladies can't get. (anyone know why that is?)

For me, I always get seasonal flue shots, never had any adverse reactions, and the ingredients to this are essentially the same..

- so given that, and the high mortality rate for pregnant women who get swine flue, and the fact that swine flue is spreading around my town right now....it seemed like the right decision for me.
    Anonymous

• 8.1 Pregnancy Pregnancy Category C: Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine or AFLURIA. It is also not known whether these vaccines can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman or can affect reproduction capacity. Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.

Anonymous

• Here's the CDC link about the vaccine and pregnant women:

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/pregnant_qa.htm

You might find it helpful in weighing your potential risks either way. 

Anonymous