Any ideas for an unemployed fmily to make quick cash?

I have been a SAHM since I got pregnant and my son is almost 15 months. My SO just lost his job last week but he is doing side work (he is a mechanic by trade) to keep us fed and whatnot.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Advertise his services on Craigs List, there are ALOT of people looking for cheaper alternatives to get their cars fixed. I always thought an on-site person who would come and change your oil would be a great idea, you could probably charge more than a Jiffy Lube or something, because you would go to them, having small kiddos at the shop is a nightmare!! You could also babysit or watch an infant or toddler in your home, you could get about 125-200 per week depending on where you live. I am sorry your DH lost his job, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Donate plasma.  There are donation places all over.  Google "donate plasma" and your city and state.  It's not glamorous but it's a quick bit of cash and you'd be helping someone else in need by donating it.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• yes mam it is 80$ for the first.... its at least some quick cash to get u some groceries idk how much yall eat but if its serious u could get 2-3wks worth food for 80$ u just have to get the basic essentials and non brands. good luck
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 10:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My husband just got layed off for a couple of months, I have been a SAHM since I was prego and my baby is 4 years old and 11 months old, I got a part time job, I love it, gives me a break.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Your spouse should be able to collect unemployment compensation. There are public assistance programs available, if you need them. You are welcome to join the Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

Answer by rkoloms at 8:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• And here are some great tips for saving at the grocery store: http://www.ehow.com/how_5223945_save-even-money-grocery-store.html

Answer by rkoloms at 8:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Let everyone you know, know that you guys are looking for another job for him ... and mayeb consider you doing something part-time until he gets something else, while he has unemployment. Use coupons when shopping, advertise on your local freecycle for stuff you need, find out what programs are running in your city thru agencies/churches etc that will help with utilty bills, rent etc (if you end up needing them!)

Maybe start an at-home business, if you have a talent or creativity, or get into a home based business with low start up like I did (I sell AVON) so that you have some cash coming in within 2 weeks or so.

You have to really think about what you are willing to do. The plasma idea is great for immediacy but wouldn't work for me as I'm not good with needles, LOL. Are you willing to go back to work or do you have a talent you could market into money?

I wish you well :)

Rose
    iluvnubians831@aol.com
    iluvnubians

Answer by iluvnubians at 8:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Try to sell things you don't need on Craigslist or your local online classifieds. Walmart has a classifieds site too. (I just found that out.)
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 8:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:12 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I'm a sahm with two boys, I work with a great group of moms. We work with each other to help each other reach our goals. there's no experence needed. If this sounds like something you would be interested in you can contact me at my web site.

www.internetceomoms.com/deidrehill
    Tigeress444

Answer by Tigeress444 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2009