need urgent help for runny nose

I have a 4 months old with runny nose (yellow) started 24 hrs ago. No fever, no coughing. I tried saline drops, pump, humidifier, homeopathy. Still no improvement. She can nurse and sleep (with difficulty though). Do you have any other suggestions I could try? How long does a runny nose last?

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 10:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unfortunately there's not much you can do. Just keep sucking it out every hour or so and wait. They usually last 7-10 days i think. If you're breastfeeding you can always put a few drops of breast milk in her nose and that will loosen the mucous and help it come out. I know it sounds really goofy but it works.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I don't have any suggestions to get rid of the runny nose but you might want to keep vasoline on her nose so it doesn't get raw. Hope she feels better!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I would just let it run its course. It could be that she is teething, or it could be a touch of a cold. Either way, if it's just a runny nose and no cough or anything, then she should be okay.
    Anonymous