I have a 5 year old son who stays at his mamaw and papaws alot! Alot of people critisize me for letting him stay. Does this make me a bad mom?

cindimoore

Asked by cindimoore at 10:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Nope. My son loves to stay at his grandparents and I let him. He has an amazing relationship with them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I'm sure the only reason they criticize you is cuz there parents won't watch there kids for that long, ignore them.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I think it depends on why you leave him there.. Are you out partying, getting drunk and just living your own life? Are you not helping your parents with him (like buying his food, clothes, etc)? I wouldnt say that you are a BAD parent, just not ready to become a parent... If you are going to school, working, helping your parents with him, and its just more convienent, then no- you are doing something that will better yourself-- even if its just working at McDonalds- you are working and contributing somehow.
    Anonymous

• My grandmother begs to take my son. She gets bored and wants the grandkids around. I feel just the opposite like I'm mean because I don't always let him stay. It really does depend are you asking them or are they asking you for time with their grandchild? You're lucky your child has grandparents who love him. Lots of children grow up without grandparents at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• if its ntuallybeneficial to both your son and parents let him stay and ignore the peanut gallery. if your just dropping him off without calling to go out and do your thing then its a problem
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 1:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• All of my son's grandparents are dead. I would do anything for him to have the chance to spend more time with them. Let him go as much as they all want.
    Anonymous