Do you think SAHMs should sew clothing for her family instead of buying?

I seriously can't believe the ridiculous questions on here about what SAHMs should be "required" to do. It's just absurd. So I'm wondering if there is anyone out there extreme enough to think they should sew clothing instead of buying it? What about shoes? Does the clothing need to be made of curtains and old blankets? Knit socks out of hair from the hair brushes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I L♥VE you OP!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Should we also be required to grow all of our own food too? Mill all of our own wheat for flour? Raise and butcher our own livestock?

Damn... I thought we moved past the prairie days.
    Anonymous

• ...And how many times a week should we be "required" to make love to our husbands since they are the ones making the money. We have to earn our keep somehow!!!
    Anonymous

• LOL
    Let's all live like Little House on the Prairie, SAHM's.
    We should be refused electricity! We'll all discuss through snail mail... the Pony Express way.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• What?? Not all SAHM are broke as many seem to think. I save money any way I can & DH makes $100,00.00
    Anonymous

• ROFLMFAO

I did wonder what's up with all the SAHM crap today. It's no one else's business how we live our lives. No one gets to have an opinion on whether or not I get a job after my youngest is in school, or ever, if I'm lazy,or if it's wrong to put my child in day care so I can run errands, except myself and my husband.
    Anonymous

• lol.Actually i believe SAHM's should clean the house and do laundry and the usual house chores, and take care of their children. ladies this is what was in back in the DAY. but Sewing what in the world? most do have husbands that work for them and love having a SAHM.. SAHM is hard work
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Don't forget, we should all homebirth our babies unassisted WHILE we're pulling the carrots out of the garden for dinner & refilling our kerosine lamps LOL

Ya know.. I actually WANTED to make SOME of our own clothes at one point... (I thought it would be fun --- I know, I'm weird) but soon discovered that hitting the clearance rack at Walmart was WAY cheaper than material! LOL
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• LOL
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Dude, do you have any idea how expensive fabric is. I quilt and have sewn Halloween costumes for my kids. Last time I made a costume I spent more on fabric then I would have if I had just gone to a costume shop and bought one. I can't even begin to grasp the amount of money I spent on fabric for quilts (most now unused because I have no space to sew).

I'd have to get a job just to pay for the fabric...wait, what was the question?
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2009