I AM LOOKING FOR MY BIRTH MOTHER/FATHER I WAS BORN IN NORTHEAST OHIO...

I WAS PUT UP FOR ADOPTION...JUST WANTING TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU MOMS OUT THERE MIGHT BE LOOKING FOR YOUR DAUGHTER I'M NOT SURE HOW ELSE TO WORD THIS...SORRY.

MARYFRANCIS

Asked by MARYFRANCIS at 10:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Adoption

• my suggestion for you is, If you know where you were born, state and hospital, go there or to the department of Vital records they should have all that information. sorry I can't help!
    Schramko

Answer by Schramko at 11:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Ohio Adoption Search and Support Groups:

http://www.adoptioncrossroads.org/whereg.shtml#OH
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 4:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• quote- If you know where you were born, state and hospital, go there or to the department of Vital records they should have all that information.

Alaska, Oregon, Kansas, Alabama, New Hampshire and Maine are the only U.S. states where adult adoptees have unrestricted access to their own original birth records! Open Records NOW!
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 4:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• adoptee connect is a good site also
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 10:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• you can always go to the vital records office to search... however if your birth mom chose a closed adoption, those records may have been sealed... talk to your adoptive parents about this, they may have more information to help you out in finding your mom
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 11:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I'm in NE Ohio, too. Our records are sealed here. You won't have any luck with vital statistics office or the hospital you were born in.

Post every speck of information that you have about your bio parents on every single adoption site that you can find. Make it easy to find you if she is looking.

I found my bmom 12 years ago. I filled out my information in a couple of registries, and since she was actively searching too, it took less than 24 hours.

Be sure that you're ready for this. It wasn't easy, emotionally, and I found I had a lot of anger to work through...we have a good relationship now - it was definitely worth it. Good luck in your search.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Ask those search/support groups for people that have access to the Ohio Birth Index. Do a search for "ohio adoption search angels". youre looking for someone that has the birth index.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 4:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU.
    mommy_kenzie

Answer by mommy_kenzie at 11:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Try The Adoption Network Cleveland. My husband and I have been members for several years. I believe they are able to help anyone in the country search. You might have to join but the membership fee is only around $50. The information and advice you receive will be invaluable. I have heard they work wonders. Everyone has a different experience but I have heard really positive things about the information they get because of their connections. Their website is http://www.adoptionnetwork.org. Good Luck!
    Suzy220

Answer by Suzy220 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2008