Extra Wide shoes for boys?

Anyone know places to buy extra-wide shoes for boys? Stride rite has like two pairs in his size - and most of their shoes are hideous anyway. Or they're in velcro - I want him to wear tie shoes. New balance has some but limited styles in extra wide sizes. Does anyone know of anywhere else I can get extra wide shoes in children's sizes that are TIE besides these two places?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Shoot. I was going to say Stride Rite or New Balance.

If you know his size and aren't afraid of on-line shopping, this New Balance site http://www.nbwebexpress.com/nb_kids_footwear.asp?type=KDFT has a bigger selection of shoes that the stores will. I've used this site for years (my kids and I have wide feet) and have had good results with them.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Walmart has a good selection, they sell NB but also other brands, I have wide feet, so does SO.
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 8:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Vans makes great extra wide shoes. My nephew has always had the widest feet nd that is all my brother has ever bought for him.
    LUVWJ

Answer by LUVWJ at 11:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Go to a real children's shoe store, or a department store with a childrens' shoe section.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• was going to say vans myself! lol

they're great!

also, stride rite has more shoes online- google it
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Sketchers has some on there site to. I think it may be easier to buy the extra wide width online than in stores...I dunno know though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I couldn't tell you about shoes that tie. My little man has thick feet, as if the baby fat hasn't left yet. I don't think they look all that wide or that thick but at three years old Stride Rite doesn't have anythng to fit him. They say he'd need an extra wide. The only thing that I've found that is comfortable for him and still looks good is a nice pair of leather penny loafers. They are a little hard to find in his size but Gymboree just got in a supply of them. I bought him a pair last week and I'll be going back this week to buy two more pair in the next two sizes up. They are only about $35 a pair.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 12:13 AM on Oct. 17, 2009